31/01/2004, 23h55
bonkers vient d'actualiser sa section de tut xpresso
http://www.bonkers.de/ section xpresso anonymous

munchou
31/01/2004, 23h57
C'est la fête ce soir ! Sympa mixel, tu nous rends bien service :prie:

Srek
03/02/2004, 10h27
Salut les C4D enthousiastes- je me sers d'une collègue qui sait écrire un peu le Francais pour faciliter la communication...
Je cherche des idées ou feedback pour utiliser Xpresso et matériaux, quelque chose de plus complexe que le controle de illumination par distance par exemple, c'est à dire pas trop évident ou simpliste ...
Nous apprécions tellement que tant d'utilisateur de C4D sont active dans ce forum.
Si vous désirez que je vous comprend directement et immédiatement je vous prie de m'écrire en Allemand ou Anglais (mon Anglais n'est pas parfaite, je suis Allemand), pas de problème avec des messages en Francais, mais cela durera un peu plus long à répondre.
J'en serais très reconnaissant à recevoir vos messages, à très bientôt,
Amicalement

Björn

Fluffy
03/02/2004, 10h34
Hello Srek, thanks a lot for the request, it will be a pleasure for us to find some ideas around here! :D

You can speak in english on this forum if you wish, a lot of people can understand it, and we'll take care of the translation.
I think we'll regroup all the ideas here and one of us will contact you shortly to give you our 5000 members feedback and suggestions (I hope we won't have that much, but you never know, french always want something) :mrgreen:

Thank you ;)

Aurety
03/02/2004, 10h59
Hi Bjorn, nice to see you here ! Welcome on board...

Thanks for your tutorial on Bonkers, and the files you're sharing too ! :poucehaut:

Srek
03/02/2004, 11h07
Thanks for the warm welcome :)
I'm able to read French with a success rate of 80% so don't spare me :grin:
I've been following this forum occasionaly and i was impressed on how helpfull and easygoing it is. Since it is one of the most active forums regarding Xpresso and TP i would realy like your input on what to show in the tutorials i write.
Any help is appreciated.

Salut

Björn

Aurety
03/02/2004, 11h41
One idea maybe : :grin:

- Xpresso :

How to contrain a rolling and bouncing wheel to "rest" in contact with a chaotic floor without dynamics plugin ?

tabou
03/02/2004, 11h44
Hello Srek, welcome on the forum :D
I am very happy to see you among us, thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge about XPresso.
I am sure that suggestions will not miss, I think in particular of those which import their models from other applications and seek to automate the process. There should be also request concerning expressions for characters animation.
If you agree, Srek, I may translate the tutorials from your site, it would be nice to have them here in French for the users who do not understand English.

Bonjour Srek, bienvenue sur le forum :D
Je suis très heureux de te voir parmi nous, et merci beaucoup de partager tes connaissances sur XPresso.
Je suis sûr que les suggestions ne vont pas manquer, je pense en particulier à ceux qui importent leurs modèles depuis d'autres applications et cherchent à automatiser le processus. Il devrait y avoir aussi de la demande concernant des expressions permettant d'aider à l'animation de personnages.
Si tu es d'accord, Srek, je peux traduire les tutoriaux de ton site, ce serait bien de les avoir ici en français pour les utilisateurs qui ne comprennent pas l'anglais.

Srek
03/02/2004, 11h47
If you agree, Srek, I may translate the tutorials from your site, it would be nice to have them here in French for the users who do not understand English.

I would be delighted :bounce:
Just send me anything you have translated and i will add it to my site.
My adress is b_marl (at) maxon.de

tabou
03/02/2004, 12h06
OK :poucehaut:
I will send to you the first translations within a few days.

tabou
03/02/2004, 15h50
I have a question, how can I automaticaly change the random seed of a PStorm node ? This value is not in the Parameter tab but in the node properties tab, there is no entry in the node's menu and I can't figure how to access it.

J'ai une question, comment est ce que je peux automatiquement changer la source aléatoire d'un noeud POrage ? Cette valeur n'est pas dans l'onglet paramètres mais dans l'onglet caractéristiques du noeud, donc il n'y a pas d'entrée pour cette valeur dans le menu du noeud et je ne vois pas comment y accéder.

Srek
03/02/2004, 16h06
You can do this via SetDriver/SetDriven, or by dragging the node in the Xpresso Editor by using the small Icon of it in the AM http://www.bonkers.de/download/node.jpg

tabou
03/02/2004, 16h17
Thanks for the fast answer.
Obviously, it is like objects in the OM, just drag and drop :D

Merci pour la réponse rapide.
Evidemment, c'est comme pour les objets du gestionnaire d'objets, il suffit de faire du glisser déposer :D

Maha
10/02/2004, 22h35
hi srek !!

first of all thanks a lot for sharing your work !!

sorry for my poor english but my german is wost :mrgreen:

i'm actualy doing my first steps in character animation with bonderland , starting by the begining .. a walkcycle .
i've recorded the poses of a single step , is there a possiblility with xpresso to transfer the keys of the bones and ik goals from the right side to the left one including the ''mirroring'' of the specific axes ?

hope this makes sense ..

thanks ..

pour la version francaise voir ici (http://www.frenchcinema4d.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=85667#85667)

Fluffy
10/02/2004, 22h51
Hi Srek,

I have a specific challenge for you too, concerning character animation.

I would like to know if it would be possible to develop a "joint angle" system (like in 3DS Max) for the bones?
Here is how it works:
based on the angle between two bones (let's say the thight and the shin bones) a FFD objet deforms specific points previously selected. The user specify the maximum deformation state, which is the state where the two bones reach their maximum angle (the leg is folded) and adjust the FFD to make the bend of the knee more natural. This works on the arm too.
That method is great to create bulges and muscle deformations too.
No need to use a FFD necessarily, a simple PLA deformation would be great too, the only point is to be able to modify the deformation caused by specific bones depending on their angle.

I don't know if it's possible at all, but I'm sure it's really worth it as those regions of the body are some of the most difficult to get right only with influences. Plus, it would be really intuitive and straightforward to use.

Let me know if you want more details about that technic, and if it's worth developping.

Thanks! ;)

Srek
11/02/2004, 13h25
hi srek !!

first of all thanks a lot for sharing your work !!

sorry for my poor english but my german is wost :mrgreen:

i'm actualy doing my first steps in character animation with bonderland , starting by the begining .. a walkcycle .
i've recorded the poses of a single step , is there a possiblility with xpresso to transfer the keys of the bones and ik goals from the right side to the left one including the ''mirroring'' of the specific axes ?

hope this makes sense ..

thanks ..

pour la version francaise voir ici (http://www.frenchcinema4d.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=85667#85667)

Hi,
Xpresso is not realy usefull for things like this. You can't create keyframes with Xpresso. This is simple not it's purpose. A COFFEE or C++ plugin can do this.
Cheers
Björn

Srek
11/02/2004, 13h29
Hi Srek,

I have a specific challenge for you too, concerning character animation.

I would like to know if it would be possible to develop a "joint angle" system (like in 3DS Max) for the bones?
Here is how it works:
based on the angle between two bones (let's say the thight and the shin bones) a FFD objet deforms specific points previously selected. The user specify the maximum deformation state, which is the state where the two bones reach their maximum angle (the leg is folded) and adjust the FFD to make the bend of the knee more natural. This works on the arm too.
That method is great to create bulges and muscle deformations too.
No need to use a FFD necessarily, a simple PLA deformation would be great too, the only point is to be able to modify the deformation caused by specific bones depending on their angle.

I don't know if it's possible at all, but I'm sure it's really worth it as those regions of the body are some of the most difficult to get right only with influences. Plus, it would be really intuitive and straightforward to use.

Let me know if you want more details about that technic, and if it's worth developping.

Thanks! ;)
Hi,
no real problem here. This is a standard job for the range mapper node. The input range is defined by the maximum and minimum angle between the bones and the output range is the strength of the deformer. With the spline property you can create a nonlinear mapping between the angle and the deformation.
Have a look at the Xpresso Anonymous part on range mapper.
Cheers
Björn

Fluffy
11/02/2004, 17h16
Ok, thanks a lot, I'll have a look at that section! :bounce:
Sorry for the "no-challenge" :oops:

tabou
11/02/2004, 19h25
Hi Srek,
I have an idea about using XPresso and materials, basically it's a number of user data which allows to "age" a material by controlling several parameters in various channels at the same time. Say you have a metallic texture which looks too perfect and you want to add dirt, rust and scratches to achieve a more realistic look, it would be nice if you have to move just a few sliders than to dive into a lot of settings.
I hope it's hard enough for you :wink:

Srek
12/02/2004, 08h50
Hi Srek,
I have an idea about using XPresso and materials, basically it's a number of user data which allows to "age" a material by controlling several parameters in various channels at the same time. Say you have a metallic texture which looks too perfect and you want to add dirt, rust and scratches to achieve a more realistic look, it would be nice if you have to move just a few sliders than to dive into a lot of settings.
I hope it's hard enough for you :wink:
This is realy hard for me because my texturing skills simply suck ;)
As for Xpresso thats no problem, since the Layer shader is doing all the work again and you only have to combine it's layers via range mapper nodes. The real problem here are good material setups.
Cheers
Björn